Participants taking part in the Most Improved and Fastest Category, please take note of the below ways you can record a time in the 2021 Corporate Cup
- Participants must use an RFID timing card to register a time.
- Due to the pandemic, at this stage there will be no temporary cards available if you forget your card.
- Participants who forget their card can use a GPS device or smart watch to record their time. You will then need to provide your time to staff located onsite for your time to be recorded
- You must be present within the time and on the day at the location of the event you are registered for your time to be recorded.
- We do not accept times outside of point ‘4’.
Most Improved Points
Points will be allocated based on your genuine improvement. These points are allocated to participants that have entered into the Most Improved Category.
- 20 points will be awarded for completing your first round.
- Improvement points are based on genuine improvement of your best time. Points will be allocated between 20 and 40 depending on the round and will change from round to round.
- If you do not improve, your points will decrease from 20 to 5 the further away you are from your best time.
- Your teams total round points will be the best 5 results from your team.
- Your final result will include your teams best 5 out of the 7 rounds.
To be eligible in the Fastest Runner categories, you must complete 6 out of the 7 runs to qualify and be entered into the Fastest or Most Improved category. An average is then calculated from your best 6 runs.
- Upon registering, you will specify the location and distance you want to do from round 1 to 7.
- Your aim is to complete your registered course as fast as you can from round 1.
- Your teams 5 fastest entries will be averaged each round.
- Your total time at the end of the program will be the total of your 6 out of 7 fastest average rounds.
The km Tracker is the category for those who are unable to attend a specific location every round. This category gives you the flexibility to participate and record a result anywhere and at any time.
- Each round consists of 14 days and are based on the City Corporate Cup dates. First day to record is Wednesday 4th August 2021
- Using a GPS device or mobile GPS app, record your activity to then upload your result to your profile.
- You must upload your result by the end of the second day of the following round. We recommend uploading your results as you complete them.
- Results not uploaded by the end of the second day of the following round do not count.
- New to 2021, Bronze, Silver and Gold targets have been added to the km Tracker category. Each round the minimum km requirements will vary giving you and your team a goal to aim for.
- Completing a target puts your team into the draw to win sponsor prizes.
- Activities must have a start and finish point. This means km’s do not qualify if you start your gps when you wake up in the morning and stop it when you go to bed at night.
- km’s must be tracked on foot. This means you cannot utilise any form of transport that has wheels, engines or wings. (wheel chairs are an exception)
- Treadmills may only be used for those with medical reasons.
What is Genuine Improvement?
The best result for each participant comes when you start at a reasonable rate (not deliberately slow) as the scores will reflect your performance. If your improvement is too dramatic or extraordinary, you will lose points. As the rounds progress, the points system acknowledges that it will be harder to improve your time and will accommodate to this. You do not need to be a runner to see genuine improvement. The points systems algorithm aims to accommodate everyone.
Please be honest with your effort – after all, it is your health that’ll be the real winner!