The Corporate Cup is designed for people of all ages to improve their fitness over a period of 16 weeks. Operating once a fortnight, participants choose to walk or run courses in the Adelaide CBD, Mawson Lakes or Semaphore. For those who aren’t able to commit to the seven rounds at a specific location and require more flexibility, the KM Tracker category is available.
Great for team building, personal fitness and developing an active lifestyle, this iconic Adelaide event was established in 1981 and has been running ever since!
To get your fastest time
To gradually improve your time each round
Track your km’s using a GPS device and aim for the fortnightly targets.
Have to do distance you nominated every week
Have to do distance you nominated every week
Can do whatever distance you want.
Fastest Team – Average time
Fastest Veteran Team – Average Time
Fastest Individual – Male & Female
Fastest Veteran Individual – Male & Female
Most Improved Team
Most Improved Veteran Team
-mini – all regions
Also included in fastest individuals
Bronze, Silver & Gold fortnightly certificates
Random fortnightly awards
Team with most km’s at end of program receives an award
Male and female with most km’s at the end of the program
Each round- An average time is calculated by using the fastest 5 participants in the team.
Overall score – the team’s final position will be calculated by the total average times of the 6 best rounds.
Each round- Top 5 scores are totaled for the weekly team score.
Overall score- The team’s 5 highest round points are added together.
Participants will use GPS running application to record kilometres and to be submitted to the Corporate Cup Website for inclusion into the results system.
Each round – Top 5 KMs are totaled for the weekly team score.
Overall score – KMs from all 7 rounds are calculated to final score.
The Corporate Cup has three categories your team can choose from. Most Improved, Fastest or KM Tracker.
Category 1: Most Improved Team
- Nominating your team in the Most Improved Team category will exclude your team from appearing in the Fastest Team and KM Tracker category.
- By selecting this category your team wishes to compete for the Most Improved Team. At the end of each round, the best 5 scores in your team will go towards your round total.
- All team members must walk or run at the location they have registered for at the day specified on the Locations tab.
- Your most improved points are based on your genuine improvement. Improve by too much or by too little, you will see your points decrease. Improvements points are between 20 and 40 points. By not improving your points will decrease from 20 to 5 the further away you are from your best time.
- At the end of the program, the best 5 totals out of your 7 rounds will determine the team’s final position.
- Individuals in this category will still be eligible in the Fastest Runner category.
Category 2: Fastest Team/Individual
- Nominating your team in the Fastest Team category will exclude your team from appearing in the Most Improved and KM Tracker categories.
- By selecting this category your team wishes to compete for the Fastest Team awards. After each round, the best 5 times in your team will be averaged and this time will appear in the fastest teams list.
- At the end of the program, your teams best 6 average rounds are added together giving your team an overall total time.
- You will not receive Most Improved or KM Tracker category points.
Category 3: KM Tracker
- Corporate Cup’s KM Tracker category is a new, more flexible version of the participant category.
- Are you working from home? Unable to attend one of our 4 locations? Or needing a kick-start back into regular exercise? This is the category for you.
- The KM Tracker category enables participants to do their run / walk anytime, anywhere. Teams that sign up for this category are required to download a GPS running app (we recommend MapMyRun and STRAVA).
- There are 2 subcategories of the KM tracker: Work team and social/running group team. To be eligible to participate in the work team subcategory, you need at least 4 team members from the same organisation.
- You may choose to run once a fortnight as usual or you can choose to incorporate additional runs in the fortnight, it’s up to you.
- Each team member tracks their own walk or run using the app and then uploads their km’s daily or at the end of each fortnight. By doing so, your team will be in the running to win fortnightly prizes.
- Each round, there are 3 target categories – Bronze, Silver and Gold. Teams are to work together to try and complete the minimum requirements to reach their desired goal. Individuals may also try and reach the minimum km’s of each category.
- Each round the minimum km’s change for each category. Bronze is the lowest category, Silver is the second highest and Gold as the highest km category. Targets will be posted to the KM Tracker page of the website and will be viewable each round on your profile.
- The team with the most km’s accumulated at the end of the Corporate Cup will win the KM Tracker perpetual trophy.